Medication Error Lawyers Portland, OR
- Prescribing and/or administering the wrong medication
- Prescribing and/or administering the wrong dosage of a medication
- Failing to foresee dangerous complications when mixing medications
- Failing to discuss risks associated with a medication
- Administering medication without due cause or a doctor’s prescription
Medication errors can result in catastrophic consequences including: anaphylactic reactions, pain and discomfort, reduced quality of life, or death. If you or your loved one has been injured or has suffered loss of a loved one due to errors made with their medications, you must get to the bottom of why those errors occurred and hold the responsible party accountable.
At Pickett Dummigan Weingart, our attorneys can help you file a lawsuit for medication errors. We take a hands-on approach to investigating medication error claims.
$3.6 million settlements for numerous families whose family members died because they were given excessive doses of morphine while under the care of a nursing facility
$500 thousand for the estate of an elderly gentleman who suffered a stroke and died as the result of a medication error.
$2.1 million settlement on behalf of a client who took a cholesterol medication that caused severe damage to his kidneys.
Why Do Medication Errors Occur?
- Improper training
- Inadequate experience or knowledge of medication
- Poor communication between patients and healthcare professionals
- Literacy and language barriers among patients
- Complexity of the case, such as multiple health conditions
- Distractions and interruptions
- Lacking procedures and protocols
- Medication naming, labeling and packaging
- Lack of patient monitoring
- Inaccurate patient records
- Confusing ordering, processing, and pickup or delivery of medication
Do You Need a Medication Error Attorney?
If you or a loved one was the victim of a medication error, working with a top-rated attorney is the best way to get justice for your family. At Pickett Dummigan Weingart LLP, our lawyers are experts at mediation error lawsuits. With attention to every detail, we can identify patterns of neglect and any history of violations of federal and state law. Our objective is to build strong, compelling, and fact-based claims to maximize your compensation and hold those who have made life-altering mistakes responsible for their actions. With over 200 years of combined experience and long-established relationships with doctors, nurses, and other medical experts, we have the knowledge, skills, and resources to successfully represent your family.
Quick Answers from Our Attorneys
Q: How do you prove someone suffered a medication error?
“To win a medication error lawsuit, you must be able to establish a causal link between the healthcare provider’s negligence and the injury. This includes showing that you or your loved one…
- Took or were given the prescribed medication by following the instructions provided by your healthcare provider
- Were not informed by the health care provider about dangerous complications or side effects related to the drug
- Were given a different medication or a different dosage than what was prescribed by your physician
- Were administered the wrong type or dosage of medication, or improperly delivered the medication
Additionally, you will need to show that you or your loved one suffered measurable damages, such as additional medical expenses or lost wages.”
Hear from Our Clients
Mr. Dummigan and his staff are very professional and caring. They took a case that no one else would…and put their energy and resources into the case to see it come to a successful close. It was an unfortunate series of events that led me to Mr. Dummigan’s office, but I was thankful for the closure his office brought to my situation.
I could not have asked for a better legal team than all three of you. Thank you again for the time and energy that you and your staff were willing to spend on my behalf, it made these last two years of my life a little more tolerable.
3 Steps to Justice for Your Loved One
If you or your loved one received the wrong medication (or the right medication in the wrong dosage) and suffered an unexpected injury or death, we’re here to help.
1. Get in touch
Fill out our contact form so we can schedule a time to talk.
2. Free Consultation
We’ll listen to your situation and answer any questions.
3. Get Justice
If you have a case, our attorneys will dedicate their full attention to your case.
Remember, we won’t charge a fee until we win your case.
A Free Consultation